Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Start 'em young

    Do you remember how old you were when you got your first bike?

     I received my first 2-wheeled ride at the age of seven.  I rode that bike through elementary school and was passed on to my brother then cousins.  Getting that bike gave me some independence as a kid and a license to explore my hometown.

    The kid on the left is my son.  He was five when that photo was taken.  Somehow he caught the bug much earlier than me to the constant horror of his Mom and Grandma.

    Kids this generation are more predisposed to be couch potatoes.  I made it a goal that he should enjoy both indoor and outdoor activities.  So far it's working out quite well. Most of the time I have to moderate his eagerness to ride or else we'll trigger his asthma.  So far it has bothered us much lesser than I imagined.
At this time he can comfortably log 7 miles on his 16-inch POS "singlespeed".

    Now I can't wait till our youngest starts walking so I can introduce her to her pushbike. Mwahahahaha.








No comments:

Post a Comment